Available from EAG Laboratories
Packaging systems can pose challenging problems for manufacturers. We solve complex problems with cartons, cans, bottles, pouches, vials, bags, and more. We've helped manufacturers in the research and development phases, as well as trouble-shooting finished products.
Our comprehensive instrumentation, wide range of capabilities, and extensive experience enables us to test a package, as well as analyze its contents, labels, adhesives, closures, resins, pigments, additives, shrink film, and more.
Some examples of our problem solving capabilities have included:
• Determined cause of "ballooning" of a sealed pouch packaging system
• Identified the source of de-lamination of a multi-layered product package
• Identified the composition of a film that developed on a bottle after hot product filling
• Identified the formula of ink on a package label
• Found the cause of pinhole formation in bags
• Compared two suppliers of adhesive products to demonstrate a difference in the applied glues
• Isolated an unusual odor from a package
• Tested competing package sealing systems in a patent infringement case
• Determined the cause of adhesive failure occurring under high temperature