SDF Simultaneous Dual Frequency Generators
Available from eldec LLC
SDF® generators (Simultaneous Dual Frequency)
Energy sources with maximum power density in simultaneous dual frequency technology for inductive hardening.
● Simultaneous heating with medium and high frequencies
SDF® generators from 15 to 3000 kW (3 mega-watt)
● True-contour edge-zone hardening of complex surface geometries
● Flexible use also as a purely MF or HF generator
● Combination of pulse width modulation and pulse package control
● High speed SPS PLC with eldec control print: short clock frequencies for
the quickest control
● Highest power density => short process times
● Short process times
=> In-line integration possible
=> low energy consumption/workpiece
=> no or hardly any scaling
=> minimized component bracings
With the development of SDF® surface-layer hardening, we made a revolutionary advancement in the field of inductive-heating processes. Accurate, inductive contour hardening permits an enormous increase in productivity and economic efficiency in the production process.
With SDF® generators, it is also possible for the first time to use two different frequencies (HF and MF) on an inductor at the same time. For this purpose, the SDF® generators include one HF and one MF converter each with a common power output, with a HF superimposed on the medium-frequency basic oscillation. With freely selectable power levels, complex heating tasks involving numerous workpiece contours can be solved using the integrated PLC.