MAHWAH, NJ – EDAX, Inc., a leader in X-ray microanalysis and electron diffraction instrumentation, has introduced the latest revision of its APEX™ Analysis Software, which now is available not only for the Element, but also for the Octane Elect Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS) Systems.
APEX™ was developed to ensure high-quality results that, combined with its ease of use, accelerates and simplifies compositional analysis, delivering high-quality data processing along with accurate and reliable results. The APEX™ interface is very user friendly and can be customized for a specific workflow, offering a wide choice of layouts, colors and data report formats.
The latest release of the software now includes the following features:
• Advanced Reporting , including the ability to generate reports directly from APEX™ Live mode and a report designer, which provides flexible and customizable templates for the presentation of images, spectra, quantification results, text, logos, and sample information.
• Drift Correction with parameters set automatically for easy operation along with options to save drift images and define manual reference areas for advanced correction needs.
• Dynamic Element Mapping , including the addition and removal of elements in Mapping and Linescan modes to show only elements of interest.
• CompoMaps live net mapping capability for the separation of elemental contributions from overlapping peaks to individual elemental maps for more accurate representations of EDS maps.
• Spectrum Match now is available for APEX™ together with a newly launched Smart Materials and Minerals Library option, which enables the matching of a collected ‘unknown’ spectrum to a library of reference spectra.
This new release of APEX™ for EDAX EDS Systems provides users with continued ease of use, flexibility and customization, while giving them all the tools they need to increase efficiency and produce fast and accurate results from their analysis. For more information, visit APEX™ for EDAX EDS Systems
About AMETEK EDAX
EDAX is the acknowledged leader in Energy Dispersive Microanalysis, Electron Backscatter Diffraction and X-ray Fluorescence instrumentation. EDAX designs, manufactures, installs and services high-quality products and systems for leading companies in the semiconductor, metals, geological, pharmaceutical, biomaterials, and ceramics markets.
Since 1962, EDAX has used its knowledge and experience to develop ultra-sensitive silicon radiation sensors, digital electronics and specialized application software that facilitate solutions to research, development and industrial requirements.
EDAX is a unit of the Materials Analysis Division of AMETEK, Inc., which is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of $4.0 billion. For further information about EDAX, contact:
91 McKee Drive, Mahwah, NJ 07430
Tel: (201) 529-4880 • Fax: (201) 529-3156
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org , Website: www.edax.com